"There are a few brands of ultra-rugged tablets available in the global market. These are products that comply fully to the extreme parameter of MIL-STD-810G for environmental engineering and to the even more stringent EMI/EMC requirements of MIL-STD-461. These ultra-rugged tablets are designed and built for the most extreme applications. Military tactical usage is a prime example. The price tags are steep because of the ""Absolutely No Compromise"" nature of the application.
- However, there are a vast number of applications within many industry verticals, non-military verticals where rugged tablet are required, but the application does not merit either the ultra-ruggedness or the price tag of an ultra rugged tablet. Also, apart from military applications, MIL-STD-461 is rarely relevant.
- Firehawk tablets fill this gap in the market. To provide customers a fully rugged tablet that meets all the ruggedness requirements of all industry verticals except the military MIL-STD-461 standard for EMI/EMC compliance. However, they are priced at points that are within the reach of non-military customers.
FireHawk FT-850 is a 8"" Rugged Tablet equipped with latest OS (Windows/Android). It meets the toughest criterai of Ruggedness such as MIL-STD 810G and IP 67. These features give FT-850 an edge over other commercial grade tablets when it is being used on the Field. Full day shift Battery Backup, Sunlight Readability and highly precise GPS like features qualify it as a pefect machine for any kind of outdoor application. Option of integrating Barcode reader, RFID, Biometrics and Smart Card Reader is available to ehance its use in this digitazation world.
In terms of its computing capability, FT-150 comes with Intel Atom Processor, 1.8 GHz Processor, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB Storage (upgradable upto 128 GB eMMC) and Intel HD graphics enables the machine to run all kind of applications."
FireHawk FT850 Specifications
- Cutting-edge Getac QuadraClear™ Sunlight Readable Technology: Optional 800 Nits LCD with Multi-touch Screen
- Superior Ultra Lightweight Design: Only 1.4 kg / 3 lbs
- LifeSupport™ Hot-swappable Battery Design
- MIL-STD-810G and IP65 Certified
- Full Magnesium Alloy Case
- Optional: 2nd Smart Card Reader
- Getac 5 Year Limited Warranty